Wednesday 25 May 2011

My creative space

The space is currently in that between-projects phase. I finished the Simplicity 2599 top I was making and then set about whipping up a quick viking costume for Dinoboy for a school event (more about that later). The space is littered with bits of fluff from the fun fur I used and teeny bits of the crepe de chine.

Once I have cleared all of that away, I shall work on this ...



It's another quillow. The ribbed fleece will be the blanket and the funky printed fleece will be the pocket. There's enough printed fleece to make 2 or maybe even 3 pockets for quillows. I might just have to drop into the local furnishings store to see if they have any plain fleece throws in the upcoming sale at the weekend.

Hop over to the new home of creative spaces to see what others are getting up to this week.

Have a creative day, friends.

7 comments:

  1. Love your funky fleece! But what is a quillow??

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to go back over your previous posts to see what a quillow is. What a fab idea! And I love that funky print too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the quillow idea.. very cool!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gots bits all over the floor too!! Can't wait to see the viking outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding me. A quillow is on my list for this winter too. I usually make one side of the blanket with fleece and the other with flannelette - gives it a nice weight - with the pocket in fleece. Will have to read through your blog a little further to find out more about yours. Love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Viking Costume - sounds awesome! Looking forward to seeing more of that! Thanks for your comment by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am interested in what a quillow is...sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.