Thursday 21 July 2011

Yet another Pendrell

I love the Pendrell pattern from Sewaholic. I like the ones I have made so far (two others not including this one) and I wear them a lot. They're comfy and pretty. I picked fabrics which do not require ironing after laundering which is always a big win in my books.

This is the latest one I've made. I like the fun ditsy dot fabric print. I found this fabric in one of the local Asian fabric shops near my area. There is a major road in our city which has many Asian fabric shops on it. I've lived in our area for over 10 years and had never ventured down there for a look. Recently, a friend and I decided to go check out the fabric shops on that road and found a couple of really good ones. This fabric is a thin matte satin of some sort - definitely a polyester. It's got a thinner handle than a microfibre and is very lightweight.



I tried to make the cap sleeves smaller but they ended up looking rather like clamshells sticking out from my shoulder. Not a good look. So I folded them in half and stitched them down so they're now a slightly poufy frill. It seemed to work and I was happy not to have to try unpicking the sleeves. What a nightmare that would have been!



Work is starting to get to that crazy time of the year again. In about 3 weeks time, thousands of students here in the UK will get their high school exam results. Adminstrators like myself who work in universities across the country will be trying to match results to course requirements and trying to get as many students as possible onto our courses. A stressful time for the students and for us too. I might not get much spare time to sew or get crafty - so please excuse the sparse postings in the coming month or so.

Have a great day, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the polka dots Ady! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiona! It's a really nice top that I can wear at the weekends with jeans or with smart trousers or a black skirt for work. I like multipurpose clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.