Wednesday 14 March 2012

My Creative Space

I'm flitting between several projects at the moment. I work on bits here and there. One of the projects is this one ...



It's another crocodile stitch neckwarmer. The first one was a bit of an experiment which turned out shorter than I had wanted it to be. Learning from my mistakes in that one, I have embarked on a second neckwarmer.

This one is done in a gorgeous self-striping single ply yarn by Crystal Palace called Mini Mochi. I think this colourway is called Rainbow Trout. The dye length is perfect for this project - I'm getting one shade of colour per row of scales. How perfect is that?! I am using a bigger hook and it's working up looser.

What are you up to this week?
Find out what's happening in creative spaces all around the world over at the home of creative spaces.

Have a creative day, friends.

11 comments:

  1. eek this is going to be so gorgeous! Perfect dye length for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely colours in that wool and I love that crocodile stitch- I'm going to have to learn how to do that! Gorgeous. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab with the self striping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that yarn is glorious and the way the stitches look is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that getting one row with each colour?!
    It really couldn’t of worked out any better!!
    Looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love that ball of yarn! Might have to go & investigate it! It looks great! I have seen that croc pop up a few places this week. It's calling my name! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's looking lovely and that yarn is just fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love how the stripes are coming out. I have some Mini Mochi that's been calling to me from my stash for far too long. It's so soft, and seeing your neck warmer is making my fingers itch to get it out. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely yarn and beautiful knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the stripes are working with the dye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, lovely friends. I've tried to reply to you individually wherever possible but sometimes blogger doesn't pass on your email addresses. Thanks for your comments. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.