Tuesday 20 November 2012

Distractions


I can't believe it took me so long to try my hand at amigurumi. A friend introduced me to Craftsy
where they do all sorts of really neat online video classes. I found one done by Stacey Trock on amigurumi and here's my first ever big amigurumi.



Blue bird was followed by pink bird for Missy Moo.



These were made using aran weight yarn (I think our friends in the US call it worsted weight). They work up really quick and are seriously cute.



 I might try moving down to DK yarn to see how much smaller the amigurumi get with a smaller gauge yarn. I'm quite comfortable working with the bigger yarn at the moment whilst I get to grips with increasing and decreasing etc.

The birdie project led to a couple of other amigurumi projects which I will share in my next post. Have you tried amigurumi? I can see why folks like it so much. It's quite addictive and very distracting. I spent hours browsing through the amigurumi patterns on Ravelry. There are thousands of them!!

Have a fabulous day, friends.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ady!!! Those are ADORABLE!!! OMG! I never even heard of this technique. Too bad i never learned to knit or crochet. Have a great Thanksgiving! Got any plans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute!! Well done! I've got a pinterest board full of free amigurumi patterns...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.